NEW YEAR, NEW CAREER OPPORTUNITY
As part of our 20th anniversary celebrations last year we teamed up with STA and GLL College to launch a new Swim Teaching Scholarship programme and as a result two amazing Women each benefitted financially from one of our bursaries and both trained successfully to become fully qualified Level 2 STA Baby and Pre-School Swimming Teachers. Since then their careers are now flourishing with one even taking the plunge to start her own baby swim school business.
We were so inspired by their stories that we are going to be doing it all over again once more with STA and GLL College only this year we hope to give up to 5 more adults the opportunity to start a new career in swimming teaching. During the year there will be Baby and Pre-School Swimming Teachers courses running in London, Oxfordshire, Belfast and Manchester (dates all to be confirmed and locations to be agreed with successful applicants).
Andy Regan, the founder of Konfidence says:
Get your career started here by applying for a 2020 Swim Teaching Scholarship with Konfidence, STA and GLL College:
Equally if you are the owner of a UK swim school and you want to recruit a new swimming teacher and know of someone who’d like to be given this opportunity (maybe a parent or one your volunteers or student helpers), get them to apply too!
- Created by STA’s aquatic experts, providing you with quality training
- Regulated by Ofqual and Qualifications Wales, and accredited by SQA Accreditation in Scotland
- Endorsed by CIMSPA, industry leaders in sport and physical activity
- It will allow you to teach a class of parents and babies as a fully qualified and confident swimming teacher
- The 4-day course will be delivered by GLL College.
Entry Requirements for the Qualification:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Hold current membership of STA* - the first 12 months membership will be provided by STA as part of the bursary package
- Hold the STA Safeguarding Children, Young People and Vulnerable Adults certificate or acceptable equivalent* - the online course will be provided by STA as part of the bursary package
*All included in the bursary package, courtesy of STA and Konfidence.
Course Dates: TBC
Venues: London, Oxfordshire, Belfast and Manchester (subject to change)
TO APPLY, all we need at this stage is:
- 100-150 words or a short video, telling us why you would like to train and become a qualified baby and pre-school swimming teacher
- A high quality, clear head and shoulders photo
- Confirmation that you are over 18 and your location
- Your contact details – phone and email
- Confirmation that you are available and happy to travel to one of the aforementioned towns / cities and commit to all the qualification entry requirements (subject to dates TBC)
If this all sounds of interest, please apply in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 7th February 2020.
Terms and Conditions
- Bursary Applications open to UK residents aged 18+ only
- Bursary Applications begin at 10.00am on Monday 6th January 2020
- Bursary Applications end on 11.59pm on Friday 7th February 2020
- Five bursary scholarships are available from Konfidence
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by Friday 21st February 2020
- Successful candidates will be contacted by Monday 2nd March 2020
- Konfidence, STA and GLL College’s decision is final – the bursary is non-transferrable and there is no cash alternative
- Full terms and conditions will be presented to shortlisted candidates